Daniel and Andreas Sennheiser take over as CEO starting July 2013
WEDEMARK, Germany – For several years now, two of the co-shareholders of the Sennheiser family business, Daniel and Dr. Andreas Sennheiser, have proved themselves within the Executive Management Board, by taking on a certain responsibilities for the successful running of the entire group. As a consequence, the Shareholders of the Sennheiser Group have unanimously decided to promote Daniel and Andreas Sennheiser to the positions of CEO’s responsible for Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co KG, as of July 1st 2013.
In addition, Daniel and Andreas Sennheiser will share the role of “Speaker of the Executive Management Board” which has been held since 2007 by Volker Bartels. The Supervisory Board and Shareholders would like to thank Mr. Bartels for the successful handing of this role over the years, and wish him continued success in his new role within the Sennheiser organization.
Daniel and Andreas Sennheiser will share the Speaker role depending on the content and situation of the subject. They will still be equally approachable concerning any topic relating to the company.
With respect to the divisional structure implemented in 2011, this will remain in place, and will reflect the following responsibilities of the Executive Management Board effective July 1st 2013.
- Peter Callan will continue to manage the Sennheiser Consumer Electronics Division. Additionally he will be responsible for Sennheiser Communications within the Sennheiser Group.
- Peter Claussen continues to manage the Integrated Systems Division. Additionally he will take on the responsibility of the Professional Systems Division.
- Paul Whiting continues to manage the Global Sales Division, responsible for the areas of EMEA, Americas and APAC along with Customer Service and Aviation. In addition he will take over the responsibility for Services.
- Volker Bartels will be managing the area of Research and Quality comprising of the functions, Research, Prototyping, Product quality as well as Process quality for the whole group.
- Thomas Weinzierl becomes a new member of the EMB. He will be responsible for managing the entire Supply Chain covering production sites in Germany, Ireland and the USA along with Engineering and the Supply Chain Management Team.
These five Division Presidents will report directly to the CEO’s Daniel and Andreas Sennheiser, who in turn report to the Supervisory Board and Shareholders Assembly.
Together, Daniel and Andreas Sennheiser along with the above mentioned Executives, form the Executive Management Board of Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co KG.
During the course of these changes, Heinrich Esser has decided to pursue new challenges outside the Sennheiser Group. Therefore having reached an amicable agreement, he will leave the company. The Shareholders respect his decision, thank him for many successful years of collaboration and wish him luck, success and fulfillment in his future tasks.
The Sennheiser Family wishes everyone involved in this transition, courage and confidence in the implementation of this new, future orientated leadership structure.