HP expands cloud-based services with Cloud OS, Moonshot, and CloudSystem
In a mobile, connected and immediate world, organizations need to prepare for rapid market changes and speed delivery of services. Many organizations want to move toward a more efficient, service-oriented, cloud-based service delivery model but they must overcome the inflexibility and high costs created by IT sprawl, while ensuring people and processes are aligned.
HP expanded portfolio of services helps Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) organizations optimize their current IT infrastructure while laying the groundwork for cloud-based approaches. Organizations are adopting a HP Converged Cloud portfolio which includes:
- HP Cloud Operating System (OS) an open and extensible cloud technology platform based on OpenStack® technology provides the foundation for the HP Converged Cloud common architecture.
- HP’s Moonshot servers are offered with HP Cloud OS, providing simplified provisioning and management for specific cloud workloads such as dedicated hosting and large-scale websites. HP Cloud Services, HP’s public cloud offering, also leverages HP Cloud OS technology, providing one of the leading public clouds based on OpenStack technology. Further, for customers to evaluate and understand the benefits of an OpenStack-based architecture for their cloud needs, HP is offering HP Cloud OS Sandbox for experimentation at no cost.
- HP CloudSystem provides over 400 APJ customers with a complete, integrated and open platform that enables organizations to build and manage services across private, managed and public cloud environments. HP CloudSystem already embeds HP Cloud OS technology, offering customers greater choice in deployment options.
- HP CloudSystem Enterprise Starter Suite allows organizations to quickly take the first step to deliver advanced platform and application cloud services. Composed of automation, orchestration and cloud management software solutions, as well as an associated installation service, this package is specifically designed to make it easy to add platform and application services to private cloud environments.
HP also offers enhanced Enterprise Services to simplify the design, development and operation of hybrid environments, enabling customers to integrate traditional and cloud deployment models while maximizing return on technology investments. Services include:
- HP Enterprise Cloud Service for Enterprise Applications, which gives clients choice and flexibility when integrating and deploying applications in cloud environments while maintaining business continuity and ensuring data security.
- HP Mobile Enterprise Cloud Solution provides a fully managed and integrated set of mobile consulting and management services to securely enable applications and data sharing from many device types.
- HP Enterprise Cloud Services – Private Cloud enables clients to quickly adopt cloud services by designing, building and managing a complete infrastructure-as-a-service that creates the foundation for an enterprise-wide shared IT services model.
- HP Cloud Security Risk and Control Advisory Services helps clients safeguard their information, manage potential for data breaches and remain compliant while transitioning applications to public, private and hybrid clouds.
Expanded portfolio accelerates cloud migration
The new HP Converged Infrastructure Capability Model (CI-CM) provides a full suite of tools and consulting services to enable organizations to develop a successful plan toward a cloud-based future. Free to qualified clients, HP CI-CM enables organizations to assess the current state of their data center and define an action-oriented plan for reaching a Converged Cloud environment. HP equips organizations with a broad set of real-world metrics, based on research and industry best practices designed to achieve operational efficiency, quality of service, and IT agility.
HP CI-CM offers tools and consultation that span the architecture to help speed IT service delivery. HP CI-CM includes consultative engagements and assessment tools for customers to make informed technology buying and operational process decisions. With an exclusive set of benchmarks and best practices, HP CI-CM provides an insightful, holistic view of the data center derived from more than 1,500 profiles and 75,000 data points garnered from independent research.
In addition the HP Converged Cloud Workshop and HP Enterprise Innovation Centers are helping organizations gain a holistic view of the cloud with hands on, interactive experiences. Topics discussed during the HP Converged Cloud Workshop include cloud concepts and architecture, the transformation journey, the cloud service family, cloud economics, cloud infrastructure and facilities, applications and information, security and availability, governance and organization, and the cloud roadmap.
With locations in China, Japan and Singapore, the HP Enterprise Innovation Centers offer insight into key technologies including HP Converged Infrastructure, Converged Cloud and extended HP solutions delivered by subject matter experts, partner briefings and immersive demonstrations.